Rooms, A place for each device¶
A Green-GO room defines what users or devices are considered to be in the same physical place. With the Room dim property attenuation on the speaker outputs of devices in the same room can be set. Assigning Users and Devices a room can also be very usefully to easy check and monitor groups of devices, their input levels and status are combined to a single entry.
The Rooms view displays a list of all created rooms with details on their status and the input levels of the room members. Multiple rooms can be selected and edited simultaneously. The list of rooms can be sorted or filtered by any of the available columns, making it easier to search through a large number of groups.
Rooms view fields¶
The Room State shows the channel state of the member with the highest priority.
The fixed Room ID is a unique identifier for every room as well as the default sorting order of the room list.
The level shows the current combined level of all active users in the room. This is a 'calculated' combined level.
The Active Users column lists users assigned to the room with talk enabled on the channel.
The Navigation bar displays the window title and offers several action buttons.
- This button opens the page of the selected Room(s). Multiple Rooms can be selected and edited simultaneously by ticking the checkboxes. The Details button is only active if one or multiple Rooms are selected. When multiple Rooms are selected, only the Settings tab is available
- add Room wizard is started, enabling the creation of one room or multiple rooms simultaneously. The
- Deletes the currently selected Rooms. This button is only active if one or multiple Room(s) are selected
Creating one or multiple Rooms is done by pressing the button in the navigation bar. This will start the Add Rooms wizard, which will guide the Room through a few simple steps to create one or multiple Rooms. The wizard can be finished after each step by pressing the button. Pressing the button will continue Room setup for all available steps.
- Room Name Sets the name of the Room(s)to be created.
- Room ID Sets the ID of the first Room to be created.
- Amount Sets the amount of Rooms to be created.
Room Names step becomes available when multiple Rooms are added. Each Room can be given an individual name. Duplicate names will automatically be given a numerical suffix.
The main view of a selected room shows the members of the room and their activity.
Assigning Members to a Room
There are two ways to make a user or device a member of a room;
- Assign the room to the user/device in the the room to the user/device in the User settings card.
- Drag and drop a user or device from the tree to a room in the Rooms view or to the member list in the Members tab. This will assign the room to the user/device.
The Member column shows the names of the room members and their corresponding channel state. The members' channel states are indicative of which member is sending out which signal.
The VU meter shows the level of the signal that the member is sending to any of its channels. When multiple devices have the same user and the same room assigned to them, the 'calculated' combined level is shown.
The Status column shows a description of the status of this room member.
The Settings tab displays the properties that define a room.
- Name The name of this room. If no display name is entered, the room name will be displayed on the device.
- Display Name The display name is optional and limited to 8 characters. If a display name is entered, it will be displayed on the device.
- ID The ID of a room is not editable and is generated when a room is created.
- Description The description is an optional extra field for administrative purposes.