The BCN Beacon Signal Light¶
The Green-GO BCN beacon is a versatile signal indicator with a transparent casing, and a bright RGB LED array that indicates any incoming communication signal. The new channel colors allow for easy multi-use facilitating the colors to indicate communication on different channels. In addition, the device features a passive backlight mode to serve dark areas with blue light.
The Green-GO BCN beacon's backside features a simple user interface in the form of a Button that can quickly change the linked user. Power is either supplied via PoE through a network cable connected to the device's Ethercon port or by connecting the mini USB port to a 5V power supply. Additionally, the mini USB port provides two GPIO input connections on the data lines as a secondary use.
What's in the box?¶
The Green-GO BCN beacon signal light comes with the following package contents:
- 1 x Green-GO BCN beacon signal light
- 1 x Printed quickstart guide
Optional Green-GO accessories
- Green-GO PoE network switches
- 1 PoE Powered 10/100 Mbps Neutrik EtherCON
- The 10/100 Mbps Neutrik EtherCON serves as power input and connection to the local network.
- 1 ⅜" Tripod Socket
- The metal ⅜" tripod socked enables flexible mounting with stands or clamps.
- 1 Status LED
- The RGB status LED informs the user about the current device and connection state.
- 1 Button
- The Button is primarily used to enable the over-the-air pairing mode.
- 1 Mini-USB Port
- The mini-USB port can act as an alternative power source. It enables operation without the use of a PoE network switch.
- In addition, the data lines can be used as GPIO inputs and connect external control surfaces.
The user interface¶
The user interface on the Green-GO BCN beacon consists of only one Button and one status LED on the bottom of the device.
The primary use for the Button is to quickly change the user assignment of the device. As a secondary function, the button can be used to start the device into
Changing the user¶
You don't need the software to assign a user to your Green-GO BCN beacon; instead, you can perform two steps to set a user:
- Press and hold the Button for approximately two seconds.
- The status LED should blink red, indicating readiness.
- Send a call signal to the user you want to assign to the Green-GO BCN beacon.
- The status LED returns to its normal state. The user who received the call is assigned.
This can be helpful to quickly change the designated target for a Green-GO BCN to signal incoming communications.
The beacon uses the two data lines of the USB connection as GPIO inputs. These inputs are only usable via scripting.
The Pin-out of the GPI on the USB connector
Connecting or disconnecting one of the two data lines to Common/Ground will trigger a
ui.button[x] event that can be used in a script to implement any feature, command or action in the Green-GO system or one of its integrations.
an example of such a Beacon GPI script